Thursday, December 11, 2014

Journal #2 Revised-Harry Potter Free Write

Many children became hooked instantly to the unique and thrilling series of Harry Potter. As a child, I never got the interest to read it. The reason why is almost too silly to talk about.


My older brother was the Harry Potter fan, not me. He burned his way like a wild fire through each book, leaving him impatiently waiting for the release of the next. Time after time he tried to get me interested in the Harry Potter series, but I never had much of an interest in reading. Also, I was okay with just watching the movies, which was good enough for me.
One day, I saw my brother had the first book on the kitchen table, so I picked it up out of curiosity. I stopped reading soon after, mainly out of frustration.
"How can you not see it?" Cody demanded. 

The Image of Hagrid I "Could not see".
"It doesn't look anything like Hagrid, Cody!" I exclaimed. The start of the chapter where Hagrid was first introduced into the series had an illustration of him at the top of the page. The view was supposed to look like you were looking up at this tall giant, but for some reason my brain did not process what I was looking at.
It was one of those moments where you stare at an image wanting to see something, but unless you twist your mind a certain way, it wasn't appearing.  "Don't worry about the image, just keep reading!" Cody said.  I refused to read on. I knew how Hagrid looked in the movies and because I couldn't see him in the illustration, I didn't want to read. Honestly, I never had the itch to read the books after that. It's amazing how stubborn I was as a child.

http://www.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/harry-potter-real-invisibility-cloak.jpg
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070917170931/harrypotter/images/1/16/KeeperKeys.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment