The Hunger Games, a movie should only spark excitement among its fans, not dread.
Genevive Koski wrote her review on the the latest movie of the Hunger Games, Mocking Jay part 1. Although her analysis is very accurate, she puts a dark shadow over the view of the movie. In part, Koski points out that the Hunger Games has a very dark and grey mood to the story. With this, she means to point out that she doesn't know what to think about having another movie come out and if fans should be anticipating it or dreading it.
Personally, I am infatuated by the Hunger Games. I read the series in less than a week and saw the most recent movie this past weekend. Yes, I agree that Mocking Jay Part 1 was bleak, and it made Katniss look scarred and beaten, but the movie followed the book quite close! I don't see a problem with the movie following a book that is depressing and sad. But everyone has to remember this is just the first half of the final book. This means that Mocking Jay Part 1 is not going to have the most thrilling scenes with the famous arena fights, such as in the first movies. What this movie is trying to do is build up the story more, explain in detail, and add suspense for the final movie, which will consist of mostly fighting.
Also, just because the movie is bleak, and maybe gruesomely hard to watch (for some people), but the cast has amazing actors that keep you in the depressing suspense. Which leads to my main point of misunderstanding on how Hunger Game fans could POSSIBLY dread the next movie? If you have read the books, you only know what is to come and if you are a fan, that means you should be excited and a bleak movie isn't going to get you down because the books themselves are depressing. It is what the people like! The twisted plot line of the Hunger Games and constant underlying struggle for peace from government is what people like about the movie, and should expect nothing but excitement for the finale.
http://www.hdwallpapersimages.com/the-hunger-games-mockingjay-part-1-actress-jennifer-lawrence-images/65429/
http://www.filmweb.no/incoming/article1196810.ece/binary/b/Jennifer%20Lawrence%20i%20The%20Hunger%20Games:%20Mockingjay%20-%20Part%201
I thought your journal on this review was very informative. I'm not really caught up with the whole hunger game series but what I've seen I've enjoyed. It's nice to see that you're understanding of the fact that this is only the first part of a two part film and that you're not expecting too much. It seems like many people can't seem to understand that.
ReplyDelete