Sunday, September 14, 2014

My Playlist...

You can tell a lot about a person based on the music they listen to. Here are songs on my own personal "Playlist"!


The songs that I would use to introduce myself would first be “Hold On” by the Alabama Shakes, 

The “Pina Colada” song by Rupert Holmes,

“Piano Man”, by Billy Joel, 

“Mother” by Pink Floyd,

“Country Road” by John Denver,

and “8 Days A Week” by The Beatles.

These songs are important to me because I don’t like them just for the melody, but the meanings that they relate to my experiences in life. Most of these songs I heard at a young age and realized later in life how much they really relate to me. I would say my playlist says I’m someone who has gone through hardships, tries to look for something better when I already have it good and has the need to travel to better places, although I would miss home. People would most likely learn from my playlist that I do enjoy classical music and that there is a tough sadder side to me that I try to overcome.  However, people wouldn’t be able to learn exactly what it is I’m always looking for to fulfil my life. The same goes for the assumptions, as in that someone may assume I’m a strong person with an adventurous loving side.

            My playlist indicates something larger as in “more than what I like listening to”. What I mean by that is, yes, I do like the songs, but when I listen to them I don’t feel so alone in this world. They really help me feel like there are other people who feel the way I do or have the same dreams as I do and I just have to take one step at a time to achieve those dreams, no matter what has happened in my past. However, these songs also make me see that although I try to find the greener grass on the other side, I might realize that what I currently have is all I need.  This connects me with myself and the world around me and helps me think clearly. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you posted videos for each song to give all of us a better understanding of the songs on your playlist. Also, I found it neat how each song has a special meaning to you. My favorite song from your playlist is "Piano Man." My mom used to play it on our family's piano at home and later on taught me how to play it.

    Remember to provide a link for each picture and video so we know where you got it from.

    ReplyDelete